Nigerian Academy of Medicine is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a non governmental organization limited by guarantee with registration number RC 1586058. The academy aims to serve as an independent, dynamic and innovative national resource of excellence and expertise in medical sciences and healthcare.
The registered office is at the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria Complex, Plot 1102, Cadastral Zone B11, Off Oladipo Diya Road, Behind Prince and Princess Estate, Kaura District, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
The objectives of the Nigerian Academy of Medicine are:
- (a)To promote the knowledge of Medical Sciences in Nigeria and its practical application to problems of national welfare.
- (b)To promote excellence by the recognition and encouragement of merit in all branches of Medical Sciences.
- (c)To secure co-ordination between medical and other scientific academies, societies, associations, institutions and Government medical and scientific departments and services.
- (d)To seek help and co-operation of international agencies and national bodies of other countries.
- (e)To act through properly constituted National Committees for medical scientific subjects for undertaking research work of national and international importance and thereby nurturing the next generation of medical researchers.
- (f)To publish such proceedings, journals, memoirs, transactions and other publications as may be found desirable.
- (g)To Influence national policies to improve health and economic well-being.
- (h)To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of objectives of the Academy.
- (i)To undertake any other steps that may be necessary for the fulfillment of the above mentioned aims and objectives of the Academy.